Custom Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Losing Followers?

Earlier today, as I was reading through tatting blogs, I noticed that Jane Eborall had mentioned losing followers. I've also been losing followers this week, so I decided to see what I could find on the Google product forums. Turns out Google is doing a cleanup of blogger, and is removing followers who aren't using Google accounts (click here for the forum post). Just a heads up for those who are also noticing a decrease in followers, or who may be missing some blogs on your reading list.

Onto the tatting front:

Like many on the East coast, I was snowed in over the weekend. I decided to use that time to make another coaster sized doily:


Actually, this version is quite small for a coaster, tatted in DMC size 80 and measuring only 3.25 inches across. Not to worry though, I had the perfect use for it:


These are my miniature books by Angeline Crichlow (author of "Let's Tat"). You can read more about them by clicking here. In my older blog post they were displayed on the first few rounds of the Jan Stawasz Monster Doily, which is now too big for that purpose. I've since put them on my bookshelf on top of my mini doily.

In size 40 thread, this miniature doily works out to be about 4 inches across, which is the same size as a coaster. Here is a side by side next to the drawing that inspired it:


The floating rings connecting the outer round to the second round made this doily a lot easier to design. That's because I could change the circumference quite freely by adjusting the size of the floating rings. (Adjustments to circumference are often required for creating a flat outer round). I'm thinking about making a few more designs and creating another pattern pack, this time for mini doilies/coasters. That should occupy me for the next month or so.

12 comments:

3nereida said...

Wreszcie rozumiem co się dzieje z obserwatorami . Śnieżynka piękna.

God's Kid said...

Wonderful doily coaster!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Ooh! Another tatting pack? I can hardly wait! I love this little doily!

muskaan said...

Beautiful !!! How quickly you conjured up a new coaster/doily !
Need to go check whether my two followers are still with me or not ;-)
Google giveth & Google taketh away !

Robin Perfetti said...

Lol! Well, I should still be there :)

Bernice said...

Interesting post regarding the followers, I still have the same number. Love how quickly you move from design to tatted product/coaster.

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely design, I like the way you can design and develop a design as quickly.
Very interesting post on both accounts, the designing and Google I have only lost one follower, Google are always changing something so this is just something else, after all with Twitter etc they are frighten of losing money.
Margaret

Madtatter80 said...

Fascination reveal about Google, makes sense. Love your coaster and mini books, I am off to check that out!

Jane McLellan said...

Ah, thanks for the heads up about followers - I thought I must be doing something wrong to have lost 10 followers! I love the tiny doily, perfect for displaying minature books.

Jenn said...

Another beautiful coaster or doily :).

Frivole said...

Thank you for this post Robin, I had noticed a sudden drop in followers and was worried people were getting bored with me!! So it's reassuring to know the reason. :-)
I always enjoy seeing your new designs. Came over to get the link to your blog as I have finally finished tatting your pretty Winter Frost.

Gudrun Hovstein said...

I stumbeled across your blog as I was looking for easy patterns. What a great blog you have,and what beautiful patterns! I'm a beginner tatter, and I am sure I will visit your blog again.