Custom Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

More Stawasz

Seeing the second batch of tatters start on their Stawasz Mega Doilies has inspired me to work on mine again. I'm on Round VIII now, which is one of the rounds that has missing stitch counts on the chains. The numbers that monedido from InTatters/Craftree provided are working out well. They are 5-5-9-9 (beginning right after a clover is formed and ending at the single ring "G").


I'm going to try to get this round and the next finished before I set the doily aside again. I have too many ideas floating around in my head to tat these large doilies for long. My mind often wanders through the monotony of these larger rounds :)

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, that is just beautiful! Those large rounds do get boring after awhile - I usually make dumb mistakes on the easiest of repeats. Breaks are good :)

God's Kid said...

That doily is gorgeous!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I thought I was ready for this round, but it turns out that I'm not... maybe in another week.

muskaan said...

But this is a very pretty round ! Intricate as well as elegant - like calligraphy on Mughal architecture .

I, too, have set aside all temptation to start a large doily. I want to learn & try out so many new techniques, etc. etc. I am focusing on small pieces that aid learning & practice & hopefully inspire me to produce some of my own stuff.